Business Development / Nigeria Liaison
Specialty: Build market position by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business relationships.
Other key specialization: HACCP Manager, SQF Practitioner, cGMP, PCQI, Food Safety Auditor, Environmental Monitoring, SAP, Visio, SPC, Minitab/Quality Companion, FTIR, GC, GC-MS, TraceGains, Java, Aspen+, LabNET2, PDM, ChemStation, LaTex, MATLAB, Simulink, PolyMath & Autodesk Inventor.
Highly knowledgeable and analytical Food Safety Specialist has a solid understanding of sanitation and food safety regulations. Specializing in assisting Food companies, in establishing and promoting a food safe, work environment in all company-wide food safety programs. Additionally, assure compliance to the food safety/food quality programs, facilitate required employee training, complete required internal assessments, develop corrective/preventive actions, lead 3rd party audits, and complete required validation and verifications of the quality systems. Ensure that team members are adequately trained by designing, implementing, and maintaining HACCP training programs.
Food Safety Specialist:
- Actively engages workforce to promote a food safe culture of awareness and self-responsibility.
- Under the direction of the food safety supervisor, assists in the development, implementation, maintenance, and improvement of all company policies and SOP’s relating to food safety.
- Perform routine facility walkthroughs and internal audits. Communicate findings to Food Safety Supervisor.
- Enforce Good Manufacturing Practices throughout the facility and perform GMP audits.
- Under the direction of the food safety supervisor, collaborate with fulfillment center leaders regarding food safety concerns and performed necessary corrective actions where applicable.
- Maintains inventory of all food safety supplies.
- Monitors and records temperatures throughout the facility.
- Actively monitors food recalls and updates recall database.
- Under the direction of the food safety supervisor, audit and monitor pest control program.
- Responsible for environmental swabbing, ATP swabbing, and swabbing of equipment post cleaning and sanitizing.
- In collaboration with the sanitation team, will assist in the oversite of the Master Sanitation Schedule.
Quality Assurance & Food Safety
Functioned as a HACCP team lead and SQF Practitioner
- Lead the Food Safety Inspection Team to conduct Food Safety Audits.
- Environmental Monitoring assessment.
- Worked with the QM and Quality Director to develop Quality and Food Safety programs, MSS, SOPs, SSOPs.
- Developed and lead implementation to validate all certificate of analysis for incoming raw materials and packaging.
- Used Quality tools to mitigate product variation and drive continuous improvement.
- Place products on hold using SAP and follow through until products are disposed of, or are released.
- Escalated production issues to the management.
- Directed and coordinated the work activities to meet Quality department goals. Build QA tech bi-weekly schedules.
- Trained and Coached current staff andnew employees, in quality systems and food safety programs.
- Perform critical analysis to ensure batch to batch consistency of fragrances using the FTIR, GC and GC-MS.
- Set-up and process fragrance experimental formulation batches.
- Work with Analytical scientist to perform basic characterization.
- Create spreadsheet documents and setup fragrance samples for Head space Analysis.
- Competitive Analysis.
- Carry out extensive test on finished product to ensure complete fragrance compatibility.
- Maintain Fragrance technology database and shared folders.
- Process Fragrance House submissions and consumer test.
Rutgers, The State University of NJ – New Brunswick B. Sc. Chemical Engineering May 2015
Essex County College – Newark, NJ A. Sc. Chemistry/General Engineering May 2010