Mr. Elvis Morton is a former senior FDA investigator with 25 years of FDA experience.
Independent Associate, Specialty: cGMP Inspections: FDA Regulatory/Compliance: seafood manufacturers, low acid can food manufacturers (LACF), acidified food manufacturers (ACF)
United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Baltimore, MD
Investigator/Consumer Safety Officer, 1998-August: 2013
- Conducted numerous establishment inspections of various domestic food storage facilities/warehouses, food manufacturers, seafood manufacturers, low acid can food manufacturers (LACF), acidified food manufacturers.
- Conducted numerous and various field examinations of various imported commodities.
- Prepared numerous establishment inspection reports, FDA-482s, FDA-483s, FDA-484s, affidavits, affirmations, investigation reports, import and domestic sample collection reports, warning letters, untitled letters, import sampling notices, detention letters, refusal letters, recall initiation reports, recall termination reports, recall audit check reports etc.
- Collected numerous imported and domestic samples for various FDA lab analysis. In addition, collected numerous documentary samples to document interstate commerce and for regulatory action consideration.
- Conducted numerous food borne illness investigations, food product tampering investigations, fraud investigations, recall audit investigations etc.
- Performed duties as a FDA senior Investigator as well as compliance. Elvis has strong knowledge of regulations, requirements and practices necessary for developing, manufacturing and marketing food into the United States. He was a member of the FDA International Inspection Cadre.
Relevant FDA Courses Attended and Successfully Completed:
- FDA Food Service Sanitation
- FDA Food & Drug Law
- Evidence Development
- Investigative Interviewing
- FDA Quality Systems and Auditing
- FDA Seafood Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP)
- FDA Food Microbiological Controls
- FDA Food Borne Illness Investigation
- FDA Sanitation Control Procedures
- FDA Technical Writing
- AFDO Managing Food Allergens Workshop
- FDA Verbal Judo Situational Planning
- FDA Office of Regulatory Affairs (ORA-U)
- FDA COOP Training
- Center for Veterinary Medicine (CVM) Antimicrobial Resistance
- FDA Antimicrobial Resistance of Bacteria II
- FDA Safer Processing of Juice
- FDA Interstate Travel Program
- FDA Quality Systems Inspection Techniques (QSIT) I-IV
- Alert Food Defense
- FDA Computer Aides Inspection
- FDA Medical Device Inspections
- FDA Process Validation of Medical Devices
- FDA Industrial Sterilization
- FDA cGMP Drug Inspections
- FDA Orientation to International Inspections
- FDA Seafood Sensory Perception
- FDA Low Acid Canned Foods
- FDA Preparation for Retail Food Standardization
- FDA Good Guidance Practices
- FDA/FAI Federal Acquisition-Contracting Officer Technical Representative (COTR)
- FDA/FAI Federal Advanced Acquisition-Contracting Officer Technical Representative (COTR)
Employee Trainer: FDA Investigators/Inspectors
Former Member Central Atlantic States Association of FDA Officials (CASA)
Former Member: DHHS/HHS Mentoring Program Mentor