FSPCA Preventive Controls for Human Food
FDA Approved Curriculum Training Preventive Controls Qualified Individual (PCQI) training
The Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) was signed into law in 2011. The goal is to make the food supply in the USA is safe by shifting the focus of federal regulators from responding to contamination to prevention.
By September 16, 2016 the majority of food processors need to have a Food Safety Plan that has been prepared by a “Preventive Controls Qualified Individual (PCQI)”. This means that companies need to have a PCQI in place quickly so they can prepare and implement the Food Safety Plan.
FSMA require facilities to have a food safety plan implemented by the deadline date, but the plan must be prepared and applied by a properly trained PCQI.
- The general route to becoming qualified as a PCQI is to take the standardized training course taught by a “Preventive Controls Lead Instructor”. This is an instructor that has applied to FSPCA, been accepted and completed the Lead Instructor training course. They are able to register the class with AFDO and students will receive an AFDO certificate if they successfully complete the class. This approach clearly meets the requirements defined in 117.180 (c)(1) of the preventive controls rule.
Designed for the Preventive Controls Qualified Individual (PCQI) A PCQI is a professional who can manage a Food Safety Plan at a facility in accordance with the U.S. FDA’s Food Safety Modernization Act. Join us for this 2.5 day training program that has been designed and developed by the Food Safety Preventative Controls Alliance (FSPCA) for the PCQIs in the food and beverage industry.
At the end of this training program, participants will be able to:
• Discuss Good Manufacturing Practices and Prerequisite Programs
• Conduct hazard analysis and determine preventive controls
• Define process, food allergen, sanitation and supply-chain preventive controls
• Discuss verification, validation, recall and recordkeeping requirements
Participants will receive an official FSPCA Preventive Controls Qualified Individual certificate issued by AFDO after attending this training program.
Duration: 2.5 Days/20 hours